SPRING DRIVING TIPS
Springtime brings rain and the after effects of winter weather – potholes and uneven pavement. Keep these driving tips in mind before you travel:
• Spring showers bring May flowers – and wet driving conditions: Slow down on slick roads, and increase your following distance even when mist begins to fall. Just a small amount of water can mix with oil and grease on the road to create slippery conditions.
• Share the road: Warm weather brings out motorcyclists, bicyclists and pedestrians.
• Understand the impact of medications on driving: For many people, spring means seasonal allergies. Over-the-counter allergy drugs can have side effects or interact with other medications to diminish your driving ability•If possible, go around potholes:
• Deep potholes can throw your car out of alignment or worse, forcing you to buy a new wheel and a new tire. You may be able to file a claim (laws differ from city to city and state to state), but you you’ll likely have to prove negligence on the part of the city.
• Avoid driving through large puddles: Driving through water can impair your brakes, cloud your vision, or cause you to hydroplane.
• Keep your tires properly inflated: Full tires can reduce the damage caused by potholes and other road hazards.
SCHEDULE SERVICE with us here at Classic Buick GMC, and we’ll make sure you’re in tip-top shape.